Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Mexico Man Sentenced For Role In Fake ID Ring"

OK, so let's start with the title of this article. I will admit that I am probably one of the least "PC" people I know, but as a journalism minor I have a problem with the title of this article. "Mexico Man" seems to have an odd connotation that comes along with it. But I digress...
In this article, a man (from Mexico) is busted for selling fake IDs and papers to illegals. He has been doing this in most of the major cities in America. "Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents seized more than 3 million counterfeit documents worth more than $20 million during the investigation."
For 5 years, this man was successful in bringing many illegals into the country and providing them the fake papers. However wrong it is, it never ceases to amaze me how 'where there's a will there's a way.' He is now serving a 5 year sentence. To the many whom he serviced, he is probably a hero. He most likely reunited quite a few families in the 5 years he was in business.
It is stories like these, where people have to go to extremes, That I like to take a step back and wonder, whats taking US so long to come up with a reasonable solution.

1 comment: