Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Immigration cartoons

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/directory/I/Immigration.asp

I was looking through different websites and came across this one. All of the cartoons displayed on the link are funny. The first one struck me the most. Since I used to live in Miami, marrying somebody for their papers is a common situation there. It is known that a lot of Cubans and Puerto Ricans will marry hispanics that need papers for about 5000 dollars, and the funny thing is that the Immigration Office thinks it is official because it is a marriage between two Hispanics. I do not know how common it is among other nationalities but in Miami there are even "brokers" who will literally "hook you up" with a person and a believable story and receive money after you get your papers... it is an incredible business.

No comments:

Post a Comment