Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DREAM

This article is one of many in our recent history that tackles the issues facing immigrants striving for higher education. There are increasingly more immigrants going to college and not being able to graduate due to their legal standing. My largest issues with this is WHY are the colleges/universities allowing them to come in and pay for an education they will never be able to complete. This is SO wrong! Although why would an immigrant go to school knowing that they will never get to graduate... (although they may not know this going into the process) I digress... This article brought to my attention the DREAM act. I'd never heard of it previously. Basically it is an act going through congress to naturalize immigrant students so that they can receive their degrees and ideally help their community. I think this is an excellent plan on paper, but I don't know how well it will work, at least now when government is already having enough paperwork issues.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Reba. What did you think of the presentation yesterday?

    ReplyDelete